Childhood Brain Cancer Facts
- Brain cancer kills more children in Australia every year than any other disease.
- More than 100 children die from cancer in Australia every year. 1 in 4 of these deaths can be attributed to brain cancer.
- Brain tumours are the most common form of solid tumour occurring in children.
- Treatment for childhood brain cancer may involve surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- Current treatment options for childhood brain cancer leave many children with debilitating, long-term side effects.
- Every year, more than 620 children in Australia are diagnosed with cancer.